Along the ionic coast of Calabria, in the province of Crotone, among vineyards, age-old ulivegroves and millennial ruins, the towns of Cirò and Cirò Marina developped in May 1952. Oncethey werw one community, historically and culturally very important because of its ancient origin and its wonderful civilization. The countries of Cirò’s district, where the sun ever shines, rich of water, falt towards the sea and at the same time gently hilly, take advantage of a very happy geographical position, the most favourable to vine’s prosperity, to its cultivation, to the winemaking of its fruit.
Caparra and Siciliani, two families with a very ancient agrarian tradition, are great producers of wine since the 19th century. In 1963 they established the “Caparra & Siciliani” firm. it acts exclusively in the zone of “Cirò” and “Cirò Classico”, where in turns into wine the grapes of the members’ vineyards, that extend for nearly 213 hectares.
The Caparra & Siciliani” firm has a modern Wine factory with a capacity of 31.000 hectolitres, divided into 110 wine’s vessels and three levels, besides 150 oak casks “Allier”. The firm takes care partyculary of the bottling and it selects crapes with a great competence and professional conscience. In fact, doctor Severino Garofano, one of the greatest italian wine expert, inspects all the system.
The company, because of its high quality of production, has achieved a great success among the most important national and europan markets: Germany, Switzerland, France, but also among Canadian, American, Brazilian, Australian markets. The wine that the company has produced, has been awarded of a lot of prizes and it has received significant recognitions in Italy and abroad. All this is the result of an intense work, whose purpose is to develop the viticulture and the wine-making of Calabria.